The purpose of the project is the promotion of Community-Based Tourism as a means of sustainable poverty alleviation for ethnic minorities in Da Bac District. The aim is to develop new business opportunities and tourism practices, that encourage equitable distribution of profits, provide sustainable income for ethnic minority groups and contribute to poverty alleviation.
- Identify and establish partnerships with appropriate stakeholders such as local communities, local authorities, travel agents and tour operators in order to benefit from their experience, support and involvement;
- Research, select, and develop the most appropriate cooperation model for the community;
- Design value proposition, products and services based on the results of previously-conducted market analysis;
- Provide project stakeholders and beneficiaries with the knowledge, skills and assets necessary for the development of CBT projects in the region;
- Develop appropriate marketing strategies
- Share and promote best pro-poor practices and experiences
The project supports local people with access to credit as well as capacity building for the provision of tourism service:
- funds to renovate their houses and convert them into suitable homestays.
- training courses that equip local people with the skills to run tourism business activities (cooking courses, welcoming guests, travel safety, art performances, and knowledge regarding satitation and environmental protection…)